What’s this Community Governance Review all about?
Community Governance Review public consultation update – this is how local Town and Parish Councils are organised to represent local communities. Should some merge? Should new Councils forms? How well do you feel represented locally and how well can the current Towns and Parishes provide residents with local services and facilities?
There is a public consultation that runs until 24 March 2020. This gives details of how you can find out more.
A dedicated web page with consultation information has been published on the Community Governance Review section of the Cornwall Council website . The information available includes:
- A summary consultation document with details about the Cornwall Community Governance Review and the public consultation on these draft recommendations.
- Consultation documents for each of the 19 Community Network Areas. These documents detail the recommended changes as well as other potential changes under consideration within the relevant Community Network Area. They also include an overview of the draft recommendations for each parish within the area.
- For each of the Community Network Areas, further supporting information is available, namely the submissions received during Stage 1 of the review for that area as well as the feedback and comments on these submissions received during Stage 2 of the review.
- Consultation feedback forms for each Community Network Area.
Consultation Information Events
We are holding a series of Consultation Information Events to provide an opportunity to find out more about the Community Governance Review and the public consultation and to discuss and ask questions about draft recommendations with officers and Councillors.
Timings for each event*:
6.00-7.00pm: Public drop in session
7.00-9.30pm: Public meeting
- Tuesday 11 February: LAUNCESTON – Main Hall, Launceston Town Hall, Western Road, Launceston, PL15 7AR
- Thursday 13 February: LISKEARD – Public Hall, 3-5 West Street, Liskeard, PL14 6BW
- Tuesday 18 February: TRURO – Council Chamber, Lys Kernow (New County Hall), Truro, TR1 3AY
- Thursday 20 February: PENZANCE – St John’s Hall, Alverton Street, Penzance, TR18 2QW
- Wednesday 26 February: ST AUSTELL – Council Chamber, St Austell Information Service, 39 Penwinnick Road, PL25 5DR
- Thursday 27 February: WADEBRIDGE – Main Hall, Wadebridge Town Hall, The Platt, Wadebridge, PL27 7AQ
- Tuesday 3 March: NEWQUAY – The Atlantic Centre, Trenance Leisure Park, Newquay, TR7 2LZ
- Wednesday 4 March: POOL – Chi an Bobel Hall, Heartlands, Pool, Redruth, TR15 3QY
*Correct at time of publication. Please check latest info on the Council’s website.
Responding to the consultation
For information about the draft recommendations for your parish, please see the consultation document and supporting information relevant to your Community Network Area.
To provide your feedback on these draft recommendations, please use the online Community Governance Review Consultation Feedback Form relevant to your Community Network Area.
NB If you are intending to submit maps and documents as part of your feedback, please download the Word version of the Community Governance Review Consultation Feedback Form and email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or post your response to Cornwall Council, Community Governance Review, Room 4S, Treyew Road, Truro TR1 3AY. Please make sure your response reaches us by 24 March 2020.
The consultation documents and feedback form are also available as hard copy at Library and Information Services or on request by calling 0300 123 1115.
For queries and further details or to order any documents, please visit www.cornwall.gov.uk/governancereview, email CGRs@cornwall.gov.uk