Cornwall Governance Review: An Invitation to take part
Cornwall Governance Review: An Invitation to take part has been issued by the Leader of Cornwall Council, John Pollard.
John Pollard plans to hold a series of public events, in seven towns across Cornwall, to find out how people think decisions about public services in Cornwall should be made. The events are an opportunity for residents, businesses, partners and other stakeholders to learn about and understand the issues faced by the Council and to let the review team know their views and preferences for the Council’s next Governance model.
People will be asked to consider:
- The current Cabinet system – is that the best way for Cornwall to be governed?
- What should the Unitary Council be doing and what should the Towns and Parish Councils be doing?
- How should decisions about public services in Cornwall be made in the future?
Please try to attend to discover the issues and have your say.
The dates and venues are:
- Launceston, Town Hall: 20 July
- Liskeard, Eliot House Hotel: 13 July
- Penzance, Acorn Theatre: 19 July
- Pool, Heartlands: 11 July
- St Austell, Keay Theatre, St Austell College: 14 July
- Truro, Fal Theatre, Truro College: 18 July
- Wadebridge, Royal Cornwall Showground Pavilions: 12 July
All events will be held in the evening from 7pm to approximately 8.30pm.
Councillor Sue James, elected member for St Just, asks that “Everyone listen hard for any hints of an Elected Mayor proposal. I hope you will agree this should be rejected, at the outset. Such a role will mean local elected councillors have very little say and just like Police and Crime Commissioners, a power hungry person will Govern Cornwall, remotely.”